A thyroid ultrasound produces images of the thyroid gland in patients with swelling or dysfunction, such as a lump, cancer, Grave’s disease, hypothyroidism or Hashimoto’s disease. The thyroid often becomes enlarged or inflamed as a result of these conditions, which may require regular monitoring.
Lumps and masses commonly develop in patients who have undergone radiation therapy, so these patients may be screened with a thyroid ultrasound.
- Evaluation of the location and characteristics of palpable neck masses
- ABN Thyroid function test
- Abnormalities detected by other imaging examinations or laboratory studies, including areas of abnormal uptake seen on radioisotope thyroid examinations.
- Evaluation of the presence, size, and location of the thyroid gland.
- High-risk patients for occult thyroid malignancy.
- Follow-up of thyroid nodules, when indicated.
- Recurrent disease or regional nodal metastases in patients with proven or suspected thyroid carcinoma.
Contact Us today!
If you are interested in learning more about our services or would like to schedule an appointment, please contact us or call us at 516.546.9200